ATAC Staffing FAQ
Q. Are any of the ATAC Global companies a temporary service?
A. No, absolutely not. Unlike temporary services and other employment agencies, ATAC invests in its contractor staffing solutions by providing pre-screening, medical (physicals, blood-urine, toxicology screening and travel vaccines), character profiling, training and annual qualifications in a variety of skill training. We provide skilled contractors to our clients, not temporary contractors.
Q. Why should I use ATAC Staffing Solutions when our company can recruit our own contractors?
A: ATAC staffing solutions takes both the hassle, and the work, out of finding your contracted labor force. Additionally, it is our full-time job to ensure that vetted, current skilled contractors stay within the guidelines of the task required by your company. We have the most extensive operator network in the world. ATAC Staffing Solutions will reduce the amount of time, money and general resources you deploy so that you can focus on having the most efficient business model possible. Possible reduction or elimination of your company’s staff to run the most efficient and lean corporate infrastructure possible:
- Real estate holding cost of training facilities
- Medical exams
- Onsite training
- Annual qualification
- Record keeping
Q. In general, what is ATAC Staffing looking for in a contractor?
A. ATAC’s recruiting staff, examiners, and trainers are committed to hiring only those individuals who showcase these characteristics:
- Always safety-minded
- Highest current skill sets
- Exceptional abilities at team leaders
- Human relations capabilities
- Work ethic
- Unwavering reliability
- Strong personal values
- Desire to consistently improve on their skills
- Drug-free at all times
Q. Does ATAC assess my skill level; do you provide skill testing?
A. Yes. As a means to ensure you are fit for contracting, we do not rely on past military, agency, law enforcement of contracting ability. All new contractors start at step one for baseline fundamentals. We do not endorse or accept any other certifications, regardless of branch of service or DD-214 release forms. Reason: That is in the past, we want to be able to access and build upon your current skill levels for tomorrow. Your past skills are of great value, please do not misinterpret. We absolutely take your past achievements into consideration, however we need to know the condition of your abilities today for application tomorrow. The method gives you a true measurement of your current skills based on a standardized, competency-based curriculum. Not only does this reinforce and expand your skills, it also provides a detailed training prescription that will enable you for the most suitable contracting position.
Q. Can I refer a friend to qualify for ATAC University?
A: Absolutely. We encourage all graduates to refer skilled contractors. Note, this does not guarantee their acceptance. They will required to proceed through the same vetting process as all other operators.
Q. How do I get started with the ATAC Continuing Tactical Education (CTE) programs.
A: Becoming an ATAC Certified Contractor is on a referral or recruited process.
Once you are recruited we conduct a basic reference check and a comprehensive interview to get an understanding of your skills and abilities. Below is a step-by-step scenario on how the system works for contractors:
- Step 1 – Pre-screening is step one. The potential contractor is contacted – recruited. We video interview, gather information, and start a file.
- Step 2 – The recruit is provided with travel arrangements and picked up from the airport. Medical/labs, in-person character interview(s) are completed. If the recruit passes the interview, the recruiting progresses to our onsite training.
- Step 3 – On-site training, which includes a basic PT course. At the end of the training the recruit is given access the ATAC University e-learning for the weapon they are qualifying in. Simultaneously, the doctors evaluate lab results and the character profile analysis team completes their file.
- Step 4 – The weapon qualification takes place on the last day with PT incorporated into the test. Note: ALL weapon quals are performed at an elevated heart rate.
- Step 5 – The recruit is then flow home and within 24-72 hours (pending medical, and psychological analysis) they either get a pass or fail to be fit for contracting.
Q. How can I access the ATAC Store?
A: ATAC Contractor Store: Gear, field guides and all related is available only to graduates and current certified ATAC certified contractors.
Q. Ammunition orders possible?
Yes, Please ONLY order within 45 days of your class. Please bring your printed receipt with you for pick up.
Q. How are my records kept secure?
A: The entire process from start to finish is documented, paper and video interview. By collecting this data we have a complete file of DOCUMENTED performance and current skills of the recruit. The company that is paying for your training has rights to your records. HIPA records and waivers are signed. These records are not e-mailed, rather sent certified mail. We do not store or transfer you records on a IP addressable electronic record keeping process. ATAC ensures, for the employing company, citizen and the President and the Congress and the Courts, access to essential evidence.
Q. How long is my ATAC Certification valid?
A: Each contractor must be re-certified each year and in specialized platforms it could be semi-annual.
Q. How can I or my company’s contractor(s) expand their trade skills?
A: They can come out for additional training but are subject to random drug testing. They do not need to see the doctor each time, only on an annual basis.
More Helpful Links Below:
How does ATAC E-Learning Work?