The Purpose of a Vulnerability Assessment
To provide an overview of the process involved in performing a threat and risk assessment, the question must be asked, “What can and will go wrong if certain assets are exposed to specific threats or hazards?”
ATAC’s risk assessment can prevent simple security breaches, which may have a greater impact on scaling into general and emerging markets and reduce exposure of your company’s name avoiding negative publicity.
Security risk assessments are a continual process, as your company continues to grow, we build up a cache of historical data, which is used to effectively gauge and mitigate potential risks.
Senior management’s decisive action will reduce the organization’s threat surface and help protect the key executives from potential criminal and/or corporate attempts of extortion, espionage, kidnap and ransom, and travel hazards while maintaining your corporate headquarter’s sustainability.
It is important to note: the data compiled through the initial gap analysis enable our team to address the ever-changing threat landscape. Hard assessment intervals every one or two years will leave gaps in physical security for months at a time, which by then it is too late for simple resolutions and other countermeasures must go into effect.
The vulnerability macro view of ATAC’s risk management process is broken down into four GAP Analysis buckets:
- What is the value to the organization as a whole and to the senior executives?
- What needs to be protected?
- What are potential and/or current threats and vulnerabilities?
- What are the implications if they were breached?
Since many generic security standards exist, all too often there are inappropriate security measures placed on high visibility individuals and/or corporations that exceed a total valuation of 200 million. They drastically fail to take into account potential current threats that are not identified and the growth factor of the company.
Implementing unique security protocol is absolutely critical to the longevity and position of any successful or rising corporation and its key personnel.
We develop a team and you are part of this team. The ATAC Analysis Team will develop a Security Development Approach broken down into four phases:
- Phase one – Assess: Identify all assets in a prioritized order and all potential threats, whether they are physical, mechanical, mental, or material associated with those assets. Time constraints will drastically limit your time needed for decision making and strategizing.
- Phase two -Identify: Any and all threats and their potential impact towards your company and you personally as well as people or assets that are your responsibility. We devised pre-engagement methods to defuse the situation.
- Phase three -Engage: The situation will dictate what type of action is appropriate to ensure your company and you personally as well as the safety of the people or assets and release you and your surroundings of any liabilities.
- Phase four -Restore: In the corporate world, large companies undergo constant scrutiny from the public eye in regards to their actions and reactions. It is important to navigate through any and all obstacles with the least amount of detection and negative media. As in any approach within the ATAC Companies, we preach preventative maintenance is the best maintenance.
The framework in our risk assessment for all security facets is as follows:
- Establishing Security Provisions
- Data Collection through surveying physical premises
- Human geographical methodology focusing on concentric rings of near to far factors to include social and political dynamics
- Threat Analysis
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Analysis of Policies and Procedures
- Correlation and Assessment of Risk Acceptability
Data Collection through surveying physical premises
ATAC’s analysis team starts to compile an evidence-based assessment. The ATAC Analysis team will be identifying vantage points from neighboring buildings, highways, interior/exterior perimeters, traffic patterns, location of senior staff’s physical location, human and non-human threats, exits/escapes, entrance and exit choke points, media access and more such as:
- GAP Analysis
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Threat Analysis
- Exposure Levels and Grading Systems
- Analysis of Acceptable Risks
ATAC provides uninterrupted corporate and family security so that you may continue as normal in a safe working environment.
Note: ATAC Corporate and Concierge security services are not open to the public. Only referred clients are taken into consideration for our security services. The ATAC Corporate and Concierge program is capped at a rate to ensure our security teams can provide the best personal attention to each of our clients.